Linking communities and our future . . .
Buffalo’s Canalside and Cobblestone districts are more lively than they have been in generations. The best way to pay a visit is Metro Rail. As this area grows and develops, Metro will too, with this study as a guide. Take a look around, comment, follow us and help make Metro exactly the kind of transit this city needs.
What is this?
Here’s a closer look at the study’s goals and objectives:
Goal - Enhance overall transit access throughout the Canalside and Cobblestone Districts
• By improving customer experience through service and amenities.
• By optimizing Metro Rail station locations.
• By improving accessibility to/from Metro Rail stations.
• By improving integration between Metro Rail and other transportation elements.
Goal – Facilitate reuse/reactivation of the DL&W Terminal
• By focusing DL&W reuse as a benefit to transit.
• By integrating a station within DL&W or with direct access to DL&W Terminal.
• By increasing rider and community access to the 2nd level of DL&W Terminal.
• By using Metro Rail as a means to support and drive redevelopment of Canalside and Cobblestone.
• By reactivating the South Park Avenue streetscape.
Goal – Provide capability to extend Metro Rail service beyond Special Events Station
• By providing Metro Rail service to the vicinity of, into, or through the DL&W Terminal.
• By focusing extension of Metro Rail in the current study area along the Main Street/South Park Avenue corridor to Michigan Avenue.
• By setting up Metro Rail for potential extension beyond DL&W Terminal or beyond the intersection of South Park and Michigan Avenues.
• By minimizing impacts to existing Metro Rail maintenance and operations activities in the Yards & Shops facility.
• By making extension compatible with Buffalo Harbor Bridge (if Main Street location is chosen).